As 2018 comes to a close, we have been thinking about our race schedule for next year. With so many options out there to choose from, this can become overwhelming rather quickly! A century ride through Germany, or an Olympic distance triathlon in Greece? Rock n Roll Vegas or the La Jolla Cove swim relay?
With so many amazing races to choose from, we wish we were participating in all of them. Instead, with the help of our fellow Sirens, we have compiled this bucket list. Whether you're looking for a new challenge or just the best spot for racing and vacationing at the same time, there is a race on this list for you!
- Escape the Cape - N. Cape May, New Jersey
- Sprint or Olympic distance, this course starts on the Cape May Lewes ferry. Part of the run is across sand dunes, and don't miss out on the great wine in the area post-race.
- Escape from Alcatraz - San Francisco, California
- This course begins in the San Francisco Bay and ends at The Marina Green. With only 2,000 spots available, you must qualify for this race or win entry through the lottery system.
- Wildflower Triathlon - Bradley, California
- According to their website, "this iconic weekend triathlon festival...features top-notch live entertainment, celebration beer garden, wine tasting and informative race clinics by top pros and much more."
- IM Greece 70.3 - Costa Navarino, Greece
- Triathlon in the Mediterranean? Say no more, we're booking our flight.
- Lavaman Tri - Big Island, Hawaii
- As one of our Luminaries put it, "The swim will ruin you forever. With all the sea turtles, coral and fish you see in that clear water, it's hard to get into any other water after that."
- IM Tallinn - Estonia, Europe
- Beautiful and well preserved, the host city for this race is located on the Baltic Sea.
- Wild Rose Triathlon - Calgary, AB, Canada
- For women, by women and in support of women, this is a great race for beginners.
- IM Oceanside 70.3 - Oceanside, California
- Kick off triathlon season in sunny California alongside many professional athletes.
- IM St. George 70.3 - St. George, Utah
- The spectator support during this race is supposed to be out of this world!
- IM Ireland - Cork, Ireland
- You know where we'll be June 23, 2019!
- Wilderman Offroad Triathlon - Walhalla, North Dakota
- With Half, Full and Relay options; this "epic" race claims "If you thought Ironman was the end of the road - the big enchilada - the pinnacle of multi-disciplinary solo effort endurance sports - thing again."
- Challenge Wanaka - New Zealand's South Island
- New Zealand's largest triathlon festival held in Mount Aspiring National Park.
- IM Western Sydney 70.3 - Sydney, Australia
- Known as the BEST Ironman 70.3 in the world, you knew this one was going to be on the list.
Runs shorter than 13.1
- Credit Union Cherry Blossom - Washington DC
- 10-mile run & 5k run/walk during Spring in DC, when the cherry blossoms are in peak bloom.
- Shamrock Run Portland - Portland, Oregon
- Peach Tree Road Race - Atlanta, Georgia
- The largest 10K in the world take place on the fourth of July!
- Rock n Roll Vegas - Las Vegas, Nevada
- Live music, cheer teams, and the strip make this a can't miss race.
- runDisney - Orlando, Florida
- It's the most magical place on earth, after all!
- Hershey Half Marathon - Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Guys, there's a chocolate aid station.
- The Other Half - Moab, Utah
- Winding alongside the Colorado River, this course is entirely paved and provides plentiful eye candy in the form of rock formations and red canyons.
- Urban Bourbon Half Marathon - Louisville, KY
- After the race, take your wristband to Fourth Street Live! and sample some bourbon while listening to live music.
- Seawheeze - Vancouver, British Columbia
- This event is not just a half marathon! Enjoy a full weekend of yoga, partying and of course running.
- Reggae Marathon - Negril, Jamaica
- The perfect spot to run, then relax on the beach with a rum runner.
- Rocky Mountain Half Marathon - Estes Park, Colorado
- Virginia Wine Country Half Marathon - Purcellville, Virginia
- Great for newbies, this race includes a wine tasting at mile 10 and a fun festival at the finish line!
- New Jersey Marathon - Oceanport, New Jersey
- Starting at Monmouth Park Racetrack and ending on the ocean's boardwalk in Long Branch, you will run along central Jersey Shore in this point to point race.
- Marine Corps Marathon - Fredericksburg, Virginia
- Run through historical landmarks and experience "the greatest half in history".
- Kangaroo Island Marathon - Kangaroo Island, Australia
- A small island off the coast of Southern Australia invites you to the marathon of a lifetime among wildlife, beaches, cliffs, organic farmers and beautiful sunsets.
- Grandma's Marathon - Duluth, Minnesota
- One of the most popular races in the area, it was established in 1977.
- Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Pay tribute to those who were killed in the Oklahoma City bombing among cheering spectators and a beautiful city.
- Midnight Sun Marathon - Tromso, Norway
- The only race on this list located in the Arctic!
- Jack n Jill Marathon - North Bend, Washington
- This course is known for being gentle and downhill, the perfect way to reach that PR or qualify for another bucket list race!
- LA Marathon - Los Angeles, California
- Starting at Dodge stadium and ending at the beach, this might be the best way to see LA!
- Canada Army Run - Ottawa, Canada
- This military themed race brings the community together.
- Glacier Half Marathon - East Glacier Village, Montana
- Snow-capped mountains, anyone?
- Cebu Marathon - Cebu City, Philippines
- This course will take you through some of the most historic places in the city. It is held on the second Sunday of the year in coordination with the Sinulog celebration festivals.
- Aravaipa Trail Races - Arizona
- We heard through the grapevine the night series is a can't miss! A fun crew and post-race festivities abound!
- Waitomo Trail Run - New Zealand
- 6-35km through the North Island of New Zealand known for rolling hills and limestone caves, this is the largest trail run in the country!
- The Golden Ultra - Golden, B.C., Canada
- This three-day running festival provides races through the forest, mountains, and lakes of western Canada with styles for all different abilities.
- Brazos Bay 50k - Needville, Texas
- This race's claim to fame is it's 99.9% flat course.
- Leadville 100 - Leadville, Colorado
- A fun and challenging 100 miles mountain biking through the Colorado Rockies
- Solvang Century, Metric and Half Century - Solvang, CA
- Money raised from these races goes towards "camps for children with unusually severe congenital heart disease who...get to experience summer camp activities in a medically supervised environment with their peers." according to their website.
- La Jolla Cove Relay - San Diego, California
- The Great Chesapeake Bay Swim - Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
- Lake Travis Relay - Austin, Texas
- 12 mile, six-person relay that finishes at The Pier Restaurant.
- St. Croix Coral Reef Swim Race - St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
- See the Carribean's largest island barrier coral reef in this one, five-mile race.
During all your races and training this year, don't forget to #coverupbuttercup with our UPF50 athletic apparel. Whether you're swimming, biking, or running outdoors; take care of your skin! Our multi-sport kits feature moisture-wicking material that also cools, a comfortable fit, and lots of pockets to stash nutrition or your phone.
That's one epic bucket list if you ask us! Did we miss any races? What's on your list for 2019? Share with us in the comments below!
Follow Tri Sirena on Instagram! @tri_sirena_apparel