We know you're already on board the taco train (woo, woo!) but are you on the Instant Pot train? You should be! It dramatically reduces your cooking time without sacrificing flavor. For busy athletes, it can be a lifesaver. You can shop for one here and check out more info on the Instant Pot website.
In honor of National Taco Day, here's our favorite recipe!
For taco seasoning:
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder (optional, depending how much spice you like!)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
For the tacos:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Tortillas, taco shells or lettuce cups
- Avocado or guacamole (not really optional)
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Combine all of the seasoning ingredients into a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place the cooking oil into your Instant Pot and select ‘sauté’ mode. Once melted, add the red onion and bell pepper to the pot and sauté until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Crumble in the ground beef and sauté until browned. Add the garlic and taco seasoning, and stir well to combine.
- Seal the lid on the Instant Pot. Press ‘cancel/off’ and then select ‘manual’ mode. Press the ‘-‘ button until the screen says 10 minutes.
- Make yourself a margarita.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, manually release the pressure.
Enjoy your delicious tacos! Shoutout to Living Loving Paleo for the original recipe.
Now it's your turn! Let us know what your favorite Instant Pot recipe is in the comments below.