Chelsea's Taco Pie: A Fast & Easy Family Favorite
Happy National Cheese Day! 🤤
This recipe is a family favorite, especially for Ironman training!
I know spicy food may not be everyone’s cup of tea during triathlon training, but this is a quick, easy meal when you're tired from a long day of swimming, biking, (and/or!) running. Feel free to adjust the spice level to your liking!
My grandma called this Montezuma Pie.
I call it Taco Pie, which I think sounds a little better. This is a great recipe that you can do a couple different things with and it’s easy and quick.
- 1 package of ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can green chili peppers
- 1 large bag of shredded cheese or a block (I love cheese I always use a ton)
- Refried beans (optional)
- Corn tortillas
If you really want a little extra flavor taco seasoning is also optional.
- In a large pan, you will combine your meat, onion, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Once the meat and other ingredients are cooked let simmer.
- In a separate pan cook up tortillas in a dash of olive oil.
- Layer like a lasagna starting with tortillas at bottom of your pan, meat, beans, cheese repeat until all the meat has been used.
- Last, top the whole meal with another layer of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream, black olives, and guacamole.
And of course, don’t forget your Margarita! 🤗
Written by Chelsea Eboli, Siren Luminary
Follow Chelsea on Instagram! @cmeboli